Senior Advocate Purna Man Shakya a Columbia University law graduate is one of Nepal’s leading lawyers. He founded Reliance Law firm (RLF) in the year 1995 and since then he has led numerous noteworthy assignments, in various arenas of law. Mr. Shakya has an extensive experience in a wide range of practice areas including Corporate, Commercial and banking Litigations, Arbitrations, Foreign Direct Investments, Joint Ventures, Mergers & Acquisitions etc. He has been hired by leading banks and corporate of Nepal as their Legal advisor.Also regarded as a constitutional expert of the country, he has worked extensively on a number of policy issues and has served various committees of the Government of Nepal especially on constitutional matters.Chambers Asia Pacific, 2012 has recognized Mr. Shakya as “noted for his excellence in the constitutional law sphere, and is also active in corporate and environmental matters.” He has been regarded as an eminent lawyer by Chambers Asia pacific since 2009.
Professional Association and Membership:
- Admitted as an advocate in Bar Council of Delhi on 17th Oct., 1985
- Admitted as Supreme Court Advocate on 4th August 1986.
- Member of Supreme Court Bar Association
- B.A.(Political Science, Delhi University)
- L.L.B (Delhi University)
- L.L.M. (Constitution Law, Delhi University- Gold Medalist)
- L.L.M (Corporate Law, Columbia University – Full bright Scholar)